The Chalfonts Community College PE department run a summer Sports Camp, aimed at the new Year 7 intake. The camp runs at the beginning of the summer holidays.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the new Year 7 intake to make friends, while engaging in a range of sporting activities, including: hockey, football, cricket, netball, badminton and softball.
Summer Camp 2018
This will take place from Monday 23rd to Friday 27th July 2018. Costs are £25 per day or £125 for the week! Please note that any “walk-ons” will be charged at a daily rate of £30.
Here’s some key information for you in the meantime.
- The camp will start each day at 9am and finish at 3pm.
- Students should be dropped off and picked up from the school reception at the front of the building.
- Staff will be on site from 8:30am on Monday and 8:45am thereafter.
- Participants will compete and perform a range of activities throughout the week, including tennis, rounders, capture the flag, hockey, badminton, trampolining, football, netball, swimming and cricket. These activities may change in inclement weather.
Breaks and Lunchtimes
- Students will have a short morning break and a 30 minute, supervised lunch period.
- Students should bring in their own packed lunch with drinks.
- A small “Tuck Shop” will be open each day for sweet snacks and fruit drinks. £2-3 per day should be sufficient for those wanting to use the shop.
- Students should bring in plenty of fluids to keep them hydrated during the day. Water can be topped up throughout the day.
- Other than some spending money, students shouldn’t bring any valuables in to school with them.
- We do provide a valuables locker to store items but neither the PE department nor school will take responsibility for any loss or thefts.
Kit and Equipment
- Students require clothing and footwear suitable for sporting activities. Sunscreen and warm, waterproof clothing may also be of benefit. Jewellery isn’t suitable for sporting activity.
- Supporting items, such as shinpads, may also be used for certain activities. That is your choice as parent or guardian.
Emergency / Injury Procedure
- In the event of emergency or injury, parents or guardians will be contacted immediately by telephone.
- Please confirm your phone number upon arrival at the Summer Camp on your first day.
- There are PE staff attending the camp who are qualified first aiders.
Behaviour and Expectations
- Students are on the school site, with Chalfonts' staff as their instructors. As a result, students should conform to the school expectations of behaviour, effort and attitude.
- Failure to do so could result in the students place on the Summer Camp being terminated.