CEIAG - Careers
The delivery of CEIAG is a whole school responsibility to ensure that our students gain an understanding of themselves, their abilities, interests, what motivates them and how they individually learn.
The Chalfonts Community College is committed to providing impartial, independent careers education, information, advice and guidance. All staff at The College are dedicated to improving students’ awareness of opportunities, raising their aspirations and working with them to ensure they achieve their full potential
The School Career Strategic Objectives are as follows:
· All pupils, from year 7 to year 13, are offered high quality, professional careers education, information, advice and guidance, to develop personal, social and employability skills.
· The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks will be at the core of our careers education and regularly monitored, to ensure the information, advice and guidance is applied across all year groups.
· To ensure the careers programme is fully embedded into the academic curriculum, by raising awareness and providing the correct tools with which to facilitate careers interventions into classes.
· Measuring impact through the tracking and monitoring of student development, and their understanding of the ever changing ‘world of work’.
· Raising aspirations and ensuring students are motivated to achieve their best results possible, enabling them to realise their goals.
The School’s Careers Programme is delivered by:
Andrea Gilbey- email@example.com 01753 881744
Christine Sanders- firstname.lastname@example.org 01753 881629
The school works closely with Adviza, an independent careers advisory service. We have a dedicated personal adviser based at the College with whom students can make appointments via a LRC member of staff or through their tutor. Appointments with Adviza are confidential and impartial. Adviza can help with: CV’s and applications, occupational information, choosing further education courses/universities, applying for apprenticeship schemes and employment with training. For further information please visit: http://www.adviza.org.uk/
The school regularly receives employment opportunities in the local and wider community which are posted under Job Opportunities, Apprenticeships, News. It is recommended students regularly visit this page when deciding their options post 16 & 18.
There are valuable career related resources available in the LRC. These resources will help students make well informed decisions at key transition stages of their education when deciding subject choices and investigating options post 16.