Job Opportunities, Apprenticeships, News....
Msg for Budding Filmmakers The British Film Industry (BFI) - The BFI are offering an on-line documentary course for young people aged 16 – 19. Please see the link below for further information. The deadline for applications is 6 December. There is a course fee, bursaries are available. British Film Industry - Filmmakers Course
- Virtual Work Experience – Evening Sessions: 7 – 11 December The Experience programme from Speakers for Schools have a virtual work experience opportunity for students from The Chalfonts Community College. Virtual STEM Careers and Skills Week – 20 online sessions with unlimited places at one of the world’s most prestigious science and engineering firms! The sessions run from 7 – 11th December in the evening and you can subscribe to the sessions that interest you. If you are looking for an opportunity to find out more about careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Sustainability - between 7-11th December, Speakers for Schools have partnered with one of the world’s biggest science and engineering firms, Johnson Matthey, to run virtual skills and careers week. Each evening, scientists, engineers and other professionals from across the firm will be running a range of one-hour careers information events, including:
Finance; Law; Engineering; Tech Start-Ups; Scientific Research; Information Technology (IT); Graduate and Apprenticeship Schemes; Strategy and Business Development; Human Resources (HR)
They will also be offering skills sessions, helping students to understand the importance of the following skills for their own futures:
Job applications; Resilience; Communication; Problem solving; Sustainability; Social value of science; Biases and stereotypes; Career success; Career searching.
Go to the Speakers for Schools Experience portal now to see what’s on offer – there are unlimited places and students can sign up for as many sessions throughout the week as they like! If you already have an account with Speakers for Schools you can log in to their opportunities portal here: Log-in , for those who don’t have an account, you will need to register here: Register for S4S
Applications received after the deadline of Sunday 6 December will not be considered.
If you have any queries about the process, have forgotten your login details or are having technical issues, please get in touch with email@example.com or call 02075 493 669 and the Speakers for Schools team will be happy to help.
- Interested in a career in Animation, VFX and Games? Please click here for information on a series of virtual events where you can learn more about the industry and meet professionals. If you wish to attend any of the events you will need to register.
- Level 6 Project Manager Degree Apprentices – Atkins Apprentices have the opportunity to be part of a wide variety of projects that can leave a lasting legacy, from helping to provide drinkable water in third world countries to solving the energy problems of the future. The deadline for applications is 11 December 2020 and the apprenticeship has a possible start date of 06 September 2021. For more information on this opportunity click here or here.
- Saturday Art Club - Norwich University of the Arts will be running an online Saturday Art Club as a free weekly club for those aged 14-18 years who are studying a creative subject. It will run from Saturday 14 November 2020 until March 2021. The club will explore a wide variety of processes and techniques and will give you an introduction into university practices. For more information and to register click herehere
- October Apprenticeship Pack for Parents and Carers. Covering T Levels, Traineeships and apprenticeships, dyslexia support, apprenticeships in engineering, Top 100 Employers, life as a mature apprentice within the NHS and much more!. For more information click here
Local College Open Days – Local College Open Days – For information on local college open days please click here. You will have to register on the college website if you wish to attend a virtual event.
- Brewery Support Role with REAL Kombucha based in Wendover. Please click here for further information.
- September Apprenticeship Pack for Parent' and Carers. Covering T Levels, Careers in Coding, supporting disabled individuals to access apprenticeships, Life as a Healthcare apprentice, Apprenticeships with Travis Perkins and much more!. For more information click here
- Pearson Business School - Register for one of two Virtual Open days Saturday, 24th October or Saturday, 21st November at 10.30am Listen to subject talks, hear about student life and meet alumni. To book your place click here