Job Opportunities, Apprenticeships, News....
At IBM, work is more than a job — it's a calling. To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Hear about some of the exciting projects they are working on as well as their school leaver opportunities, insight days and gap year placements. If you’d like to apply to this event to find out more, please click on the application link below.
Application Link: Click here to register
Charles Russell Speechlys are a top 30 law firm headquartered in London with offices across the UK, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and revenues of £120 million. Over the course of the evening students will get a really great insight into how a law firm operates, the different departments they have and an opportunity to talk with lots of different solicitors.
Application Link: Click here to register
· Director keynote talk
· How to apply / pass VMware's selection process (2 step process)
· Workshops on discussing the importance of self-awareness and having a growth mindset
· Get your questions answered by the recruitment team
· Parents are encouraged to join!
· FREE event (limited places, first come first serve, please book on ASAP to secure a place.)
Application Link: https://www.research.net/r/VMware-11th-March
- A Guide to Career Options 2021 - a digital book: This Guide is packed with advice to help students choose the right path, find virtual work experience, understand how video interviews and assessment centres work, and much more. It also features the Top 100 Apprenticeship employers for 2020-2021, within insights into what it is like to be an apprentice in each company. Read the guide here
- To find out more information regarding apprenticeships we have two additional broadcast channels available for you to choose from this week: Learn Live - day in the life stories from a range of apprentices from Local to National companies. https://learnliveuk.com/apprentices-live/ Jobs Live - If you are looking for current vacancies to apply for right now please visit this link: https://jobsliveuk.com/apprentices-live/ There is a LIVE CHAT box to the right of the video player on both websites so please leave your question for the employers to find out more information about their apprenticeship programme / vacancies. The chat facility is safe, moderated, accessible and available 24/7.
Yrs 11,12&13 – please click here for information on upcoming university and apprenticeship virtual events and webinars.
Local college BCA are available to provide support and information for Yr11 students. Please click here for more info
Speedbird-Z is back - A new student website to showcase the world of aviation, to help you build your understanding of this industry. https://connectr.co.uk/britishairways has modules about British Airways and aviation and much more....check it out!
Whilst we’ve been away, Speedbird-Z has had a makeover. Our mentors are back and you can view their profiles and ask them questions here. You’ll notice some familiar faces as well as some new ones!
We have recently recorded a series of webinars in partnership with the National Career Service. They are approx. 30 minutes long. You can watch them back using these links:
- Chartered Accountancy apprenticeship at the National Audit Office. Fancy becoming a Chartered Accountant, without building up any student debt? This is a 5 year fully-funded programme, offering attractive benefits; salary of £24k in London, subsidised gym membership and retail discounts. Apply now, close date 8th March. You do not have to be a Mathematician to apply. The NAO help the economy and society work better, supporting and enabling improvements in financial management. Apply here
- EY (Ernst and Young) - a professional services organisation that helps companies make better decisions about business, finance and technology, offering Business Apprenticeships and Degree Apprenticeships in Digital and Technology. Open for applications now
- Marks & Spencer's Management Apprenticeship Program
Level 4 Retail Management Apprenticeship
Managing £multi-million budgets
Opportunities all across the UK (wherever your closest M&S store is)
£18,400 - £21,000 starting salary
Open to all Y13, S6 and Y14 students
September 2021 start
Application Link: https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/484660330;291464781;l When you apply, select Young Professionals in the where did you hear about us section to get extra support in the process!
Mars Wrigley – Engineering Apprenticeships - Slough Engineering Apprentice job in Slough, West Berkshire, United Kingdom | Supply Chain & Engineering jobs at Mars
Martin Baker – Engineering Apprenticeships - Denham http://martin-baker.com/careers/apprenticeships/All application forms should be forwarded to email@example.com The Martin-Baker Apprenticeship Scheme Explained - YouTube
- Higher & Degree Level Apprenticeships – please find a listing here of current opportunities. For further information look at the individual organisations websites. There is a closing date indicated on the spreadsheet, but organisations do stop receiving applications when they have reached a certain number. If you are interested in applying, please do so as soon as possible.
Virtual Work Experience Opportunities:
Here’s a round-up of some notable (virtual) work experience opportunities accepting applications over Christmas!
The idea is that students can lay the foundations now, by applying over the holidays - allowing them to go into the new year with opportunities already secured. This will ensure that even with all of the limitations in place right now, they are still taking steps to strengthen their career prospects and lay a rock-solid foundation, ready for when the current situation finally does pass. I know that students missing out on valuable experience is a major concern for many. Work experience can often be where students first interact with the areas they end up building their career around. That's why I think the following virtual work experience opportunities, all of which are online, could be really powerful and make the best of a bad situation. They can be completed at times that suit students and provide a certificate directly from the employer upon their completion (invaluable for CVs, cover letters, personal statements etc.)
Chartered Institute of Maketing - Marketing Virtual Work Experience February 2021 https://www.springpod.co.uk/marketing-virtual-work-experience/
Vodafone - Innovators Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/vodafone-virtual-work-experience/
Law Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/law-virtual-work-experience/
Teaching Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/teaching-virtual-work-experience/
Nestlé - Employability Skills Programme https://www.springpod.co.uk/nestle-employability-skills-programme/
Finance Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/finance-virtual-work-experience/
BT - Insight Day https://www.springpod.co.uk/bt-insight-day/
Journalism Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/journalism-virtual-work-experience/
All of these opportunities are completely free to students - they can use any of the links above to create their free account and apply.
Armed Forces webinar recording; Amazing Apprenticeships hosted an exclusive webinar with the Armed Forces to explore the apprenticeship opportunities with the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force. The full recording, presentation slides and more resources are here
Rate My Apprenticeships Virtual Event - You are invited to join 5,000 school and college students at RateMyApprenticeship’s Virtual Event. It’s an opportunity for you to meet these companies, find out more about apprenticeships and get key information about how to apply. Limited space is available… so register NOW! REGISTER NOW -> https://bit.ly/2HWwefx
- Interested in a career in Animation, VFX and Games? Please click here for information on a series of virtual events where you can learn more about the industry and meet professionals. If you wish to attend any of the events you will need to register.
- October Apprenticeship Pack for Parents and Carers. Covering T Levels, Traineeships and apprenticeships, dyslexia support, apprenticeships in engineering, Top 100 Employers, life as a mature apprentice within the NHS and much more!. For more information click here
Local College Open Days – Local College Open Days – For information on local college open days please click here. You will have to register on the college website if you wish to attend a virtual event.
- Brewery Support Role with REAL Kombucha based in Wendover. Please click here for further information.
- September Apprenticeship Pack for Parent' and Carers. Covering T Levels, Careers in Coding, supporting disabled individuals to access apprenticeships, Life as a Healthcare apprentice, Apprenticeships with Travis Perkins and much more!. For more information click here