The Chalfonts Community College PE department run a summer Sports Camp, aimed at the new Year 7 intake. The camp runs at the beginning of the summer holidays.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the new Year 7 intake to make friends, while engaging in a range of sporting activities, including: hockey, football, cricket, netball, badminton and softball.
Summer Camp 2018
This will take place from Monday 23rd to Friday 27th July 2018. Costs are £25 per day or £125 for the week! Please note that any “walk-ons” will be charged at a daily rate of £30.
To secure a place please fill in the application form
Don’t forget to pay in advance using our College Online Shop facility at ParentPay and select Sports Camp option.
Here’s some key information for you in the meantime.
- The camp will start each day at 9am and finish at 3pm.
- Students should be dropped off and picked up from the school reception at the front of the building.
- Staff will be on site from 8:30am on Monday and 8:45am thereafter.
- Participants will compete and perform a range of activities throughout the week, including tennis, rounders, capture the flag, hockey, badminton, trampolining, football, netball, swimming and cricket. These activities may change in inclement weather.
Breaks and Lunchtimes
- Students will have a short morning break and a 30 minute, supervised lunch period.
- Students should bring in their own packed lunch with drinks.
- A small “Tuck Shop” will be open each day for sweet snacks and fruit drinks. £2-3 per day should be sufficient for those wanting to use the shop.
- Students should bring in plenty of fluids to keep them hydrated during the day. Water can be topped up throughout the day.
- Other than some spending money, students shouldn’t bring any valuables in to school with them.
- We do provide a valuables locker to store items but neither the PE department nor school will take responsibility for any loss or thefts.
Kit and Equipment
- Students require clothing and footwear suitable for sporting activities. Sunscreen and warm, waterproof clothing may also be of benefit. Jewellery isn’t suitable for sporting activity.
- Supporting items, such as shinpads, may also be used for certain activities. That is your choice as parent or guardian.
Emergency / Injury Procedure
- In the event of emergency or injury, parents or guardians will be contacted immediately by telephone.
- Please confirm your phone number upon arrival at the Summer Camp on your first day.
- There are PE staff attending the camp who are qualified first aiders.
Behaviour and Expectations
- Students are on the school site, with Chalfonts' staff as their instructors. As a result, students should conform to the school expectations of behaviour, effort and attitude.
- Failure to do so could result in the students place on the Summer Camp being terminated.