Parent Governor Vacancy
The Trustees of Chalfonts Community College wish to recruit a Parent Governor to the Board to support the strategic management of the school.
- Over 18?
- Parent of a child/children at Chalfonts Community College?
- Interested in education and our school?
- Able to work well with others?
- Willing to listen and make informed judgments?
- Prepared to give up to 10 hours of your time per term to attend meetings and training?
Volunteer as a Parent Governor and we can offer you:
- The chance to make a real difference to our students by ensuring effective safeguarding, high quality education and advanced opportunity.
- An insight into the wider perspective of the school through long-term planning.
- The ability to develop skills in strategic management at board level.
- The opportunity to work with our team of Trustees and staff in developing our school, managing resource and driving up standards.
- Training to develop an understanding of specific management issues.
We encourage applications from all members of the parent community, regardless of background, gender, ethnicity, disability or age (as long as you're over 18). If there is more than one applicant an election by secret ballot will be held.
For more information about the role and an application form, or if you would like to have an informal chat, please contact Sue Littman, Clerk to Governors, email@example.com no later than Friday 8th April 2022.