- At The Chalfonts Community College, we actively promote positive, inclusive values and challenge those not reflecting in the British Values. These include democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect for and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs. We believe British values are those values expected of anyone living in Britain, regardless of their nationality, culture or religious belief and their sexuality.
- Our ethos reflects these values. We place great emphasis on building positive relationships in school, amongst the students themselves and between staff, parents and students. We strongly believe students should not merely be taught such values but that they participate as engaged citizens so becoming well-rounded individuals, capable of making confident decisions about their future.
- We strive to support our students to develop into, positive, respectful and aspirational young adults who have empathy towards and an understanding of others.
- The information below reflects how The Chalfonts Community College works to promote positive values through the ethos and life of the school, for example through a broad and balanced curriculum, and through social, moral, cultural and spiritual development.
- If you require additional information about promoting British values and preventing extremism/radicalisation please explore the following link which has a section specifically for parents/carers: http://www.educateagainsthate.com/