Safeguarding during School Closure
Please see below full information regarding safeguarding.
The school’s Safeguarding Team will continue to monitor vulnerable students during the period of closure and maintain contact with the relevant services.
If you have a safeguarding concern to report during the period of school closure, please contact the Designated Safeguarding Leads here at The Chalfonts Community College:
- Victoria Lang – Vice Principal & Lead DSL firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paula Procopi – Assistant Principal & Deputy DSL email@example.com
- Tina Borer – Behaviour & Welfare Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russell Denial – Principal email@example.com
If you have an urgent concern about a young person please contact Buckinghamshire Children’s Social Care First Response Team:
First Response Team
Telephone: 01296 383 962
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm
Friday 9am to 5pm
If you need an urgent response outside of these hours, contact the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0800 999 7677.
Alternatively, you can report a concern through the online services: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/care-for-children-and-families/child-protection-and-safeguarding/
Should students require support for safeguarding/counselling during the school closure, there are a number of sources for support:
For students currently accessing the school counselling service who feel that additional support may be required during the school closure please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, there are many other online platforms for young people to access:
- NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000 Contact professional counsellors for help, advice and support
- 0800 1111 - Free, confidential advice and support for children and young people
- Kooth offers free, safe and anonymous online support for young people.It can be accessed also via an app which can be downloaded onto most devices.Kooth provides a range of services to young people including counsellors who will work online with a young person. https://www.kooth.com/
Young Minds Messenger
- The YoungMinds Crisis Messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need support, you can text YM to 85258 or visit: https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/get-urgent-help/youngminds-crisis-messenger/#youngminds-crisis-messenger