Year 7 Curriculum Map
Getting excited about learning - Our curriculum
At The Chalfonts Community College, we aim to provide a curriculum which:
- Is as rich, inspiring and broad as possible to allow students to widen their horizons in each subject.
- Provides the depth that enables students to master the key knowledge and skills essential for each subject.
- Is well designed, inclusive and carefully sequenced to provide all students with a rigorous foundation for future progression.
- Engenders high expectations and challenge in order to build students’ perseverance and self-belief.
- Provides students with opportunities to take their curriculum beyond the classroom to develop their love of learning, independence and creative thinking.
- Enables students to maximise their potential, achieving the highest levels of academic success leading to the widest range of pathways.
- Raises students’ aspirations and equips them with the knowledge and skills to flourish in their future careers.
- Fosters the development of students’ character, personal development, health and wellbeing preparing them to make a valuable contribution to society.
Please click here to view a snap shot of our Year 7 Curriculum Plan.